Friday, September 5, 2008

I have so much to update but some unexpected things have been happening so I will try to get to it all.

I did promise pics of my high wire act though. I know it doesn't look it, but I am really high off the ground. And yes people, I did go swimming in the ocean. I still have all my limbs, no sharks. BUT THAT FREEGIN' CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE!!!! Like 14 miles of pure H*** for me. Can you believe a bridge THAT long. OH, and then the FREEGIN' tunnels just to make SURE I'm sent into a full blown panic attack. I swear I could see sharks circling the bridge waiting for our car to plummet over the side ;0) I'm sweating just writing about it.





I will update more later. My blood pressure is rising with all this bridge and shark talk ;0)

Hugs and please keep our family in your prayers.
Kristin

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Sure...I believe you that you're more than three feet off the ground. That looks like fun!

When I lived in Portland, OR, they have bridges over water everywhere. I'm not afraid of sharks so much (well, yes, I am, but my fear of water isn't because of sharks), but I was always afraid of driving off the bridges into the water. One day on the news I heard about a woman during rush hour traffic who drove off the bridge! It was like 40-50 foot drop at least in an SUV. I don't' remember if someone rear-ended her off or if she looked down and drove off on accident. She was able to get out of her car and swim to the surface. She said that there were a lot of other drivers who had gotten out of their cars on the bridge and were cheering when they saw her pop to the surface because they had thought she was a goner. Anyway, that was always a fear of mine - and it really happened to her! Made me more paranoid. While I miss Portland, I don't miss worrying about dying off one of the bridges!

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment around there, huh?
These words have always comforted me. Praying.
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Now, what is it about the bridge? A worry of dying and diving off bridges and sharks???? Hehe...what is going on? I am feeling vague.....
Glad to see you are back! Welcome home...hehe. I like the pictures of you on the high wire thingy. Looks fun and it does look like it is high! Hehe. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the excitement that you need to share with all of us :-)
Love Charisse