Thursday, July 17, 2008



I wanted to include some pictures of our visit to NYC. Some are of the suite at the Yankee game, some are of our first subway trip to get there. One is of Quinn with her American Girl Doll. They have the same outfit on which I thought was pretty cool. The kids were amazed at all the tall buildings, especially since the largest one in Portland is only 17 stories. I found this slideshow that makes the pictures look like an old movie.

We had another day at the beach while Wesley was in school. This time we went to the one where they had the Polar Plunge. The water was much nicer this time around. The kids new thing is looking for "seaglass." I think they weren't as impressed as I explained to them it was just old broken beer bottles they were finding that had been sanded down from being in the ocean. I'm such a buzz kill. This time we threw Quinn in the water to see if she could swim. Nadda. Here's a bad cell phone pic.




Not much else going on today. Next time I will try to include some pics of our new addition. I have to get off my lazy bum and make some beds first ;0) Maybe I'll teach my kids to do laundry like a friend of mine does. A little whip crackin' and she gets those kids to work -just kiddin' Teresa ;0) She really uses a taser.

Hugs,
Kristin

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Did I blink or were there no pictures of you?! hehe... That's how it always works, eh? Even if I wanted a photo of me, it ends up better if I am the one handling the camera. Otherwise we get really weird poses because I swear Tyler tries to catch the weirdest expressions, etc. Anyway, great photos! Looked like fun;-) I liked Quinn with her doll in matching outfits!

I'm jealous you have the ocean so close! Even when we lived in Oregon, the ocean was two hours away. It was close enough to be easy to visit, but far enough away that it took most of the day.

Oh, and my kids are weird, aren't they? I have no idea why they like doing all the cleaning and stuff! The next day Emma took a clean load of laundry and folded it by herself. She didn't ask, I didn't suggest it, she just did it while I was cleaning the kitchen! Then she put it away. She did a great job folding too. I'll have to take photos if she does it again;-)

Charisse said...

Kristin, this site is GREAT! So much easier. You will now see me checking this extremely regularly. I usually check blogs once a day or once every 2 days. I don't check caringbridge that often at all. This is so much easier. Great pictures at the top of the page. I am so glad you felt like you could do a blog with Teresa's help. She helped me with my blog when I started! I am very excited my love. I had not checked for a little while your page and then when I went I saw you had moved! I should have checked a lot earlier!
Love you,
Charisse