Saturday, July 19, 2008

Well good people, I thought I'd update seeing we just got our power back after a 24 hour outage. My neighbor and I decided yesterday to take our kids to the movies and then out to lunch after. We took the kids to see Journey to the Center of the Earth which was a good movie, but not for little ones that are scared easily. We left the movie and headed to lunch and as we were walking in the parking lot Collin said he had just seen a huge bolt of lightening. Once we placed our order you could barely see out of the windows and the sky turned dark. It was very ominous. By the time we were done eating we commented how we were lucky because the rain had stopped. As we started to drive home we were in shock because the road was littered with debris from the trees. As we turned down the main road to our house the streets were scattered with trees and limbs. You should have heard the ride home with all seven of us shouting at the same time, "Oh my gosh, look at that!!! Look at that house. Look at that tree. Look at those power lines." I started to get scared as to what our house was going to look like. People's flag poles were snapped in half, trees were ripped down with their roots exposed. It was really like there was a micro burst or something. It was so shocking to see that all happen while we ate lunch.

Only a couple of limbs fell from our trees but didn't hit anything. I'm so glad we just got rid of a big maple tree that was hanging over our pool. Sean finally came home and got the generator going so we could hook up a few lights and the fridge. WHEW! There was just a huge thunder boom. Just scared the crap out of me. I'm waiting for little footsteps to come running because the kids are napping.

So, we are slowly getting back to normal. Unfortunately two people lost their lives going out in the storm to retrieve some eye glasses and they got struck by lightening. Thunderstorms can be so scary.

Well, another storm is here right now so I should get off the computer.

Hugs,
Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Lord used your lunch break to keep you safe from the storm! So glad everything's okay!
Was thinking a lot about these verses lately so thought I'd share them. Praying hard!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Oh Wow! That storm sounds real scary and fascinating. I suppose not fascinating if you are in it. That is sad that a couple of people lost their lives. I am glad you guys are safe.
Love you and thinking of you heaps,
Charisse

Teresa said...

That sounds like quite the storm! If you want more of them, feel free to come to Texas (okay, so I suppose that's not encouraging you to move down here, is it...). That is so sad about the people who died. Thunderstorms can be so scary. We hope you guys are doing well and that the storm passes soon.

TueogKirstinelaCourMarkerRasmussen said...

What a lively storm - and description! I feel very safe here in front of the computer, many, many miles away from this kind of natures outburst!

And congratulations on the new blog. I only found out today ... having run into that christmas greeting for months at end (nice picture though!) I had started to give up hoping for another of your fun updates. But now you are blogging - great, we will get to hear much more of you and your great family (although lightly dressed at times, I can read ;-))

For the video-upload: It can take a little longer than uploading pictures. Mail me if you need support, and I can try to help out.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! It still baffles me every time I log in to our new website and try to post something...I still can't figure out how to put pictures anywhere but the top of the page!

SOOOOO glad to hear that Wesley's biopsy results are great. Whew. BIG whew! We head to MN this coming Sunday for Cameron's 1 year post-transplant check-up. She'll spend Monday and Tuesday being poked, prodded, scanned and sounded and we get home Wednesday.

I like Teresa's idea of the taser - does she know where I can get one? I told the kids yesterday that they had to fold their laundry and, by their response, you would think I asked them to go clean all the dog poop in the back yard.....wait a minute.....I have an idea....

I'm not going to say anything about the whole "Yankees thing" and what you put those poor kids through putting actual UNIFORMS on them. How can you live in New England and be a Yankees (spit on the ground) fan?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks for the visit to Cameron's site - I absolutely LOVE reading your comments!

Hugs,
Leighsa