Things have been good here. You can see everyone is starting to clean up all the fallen trees, lots of chainsaws going. I'm so relieved that our house made it through okay, cause if you know us, you know how natural disasters seem to be attracted to us.
Sunday we took the kids to the Yarmouth Clam Festival and we had a good time looking at all the craft vendors. One booth was selling shirts that seemed just perfect for us. They had one word on them that said different things like, "patience, love, simplify, inspire, trust." I bought one for myself that says "breathe" and one for Wesley that says "courage." He looks wicked cute in it. And besides, I don't know anyone else who has as much courage as he does ;0)
So, we promised the kids that after we looked at the crafts, we would go on the rides. We grabbed something to eat and by the time we were done, it was raining. Not too bad where they had to close the rides so the kids were insistant that we go. Alright. Soon it was pouring and I at least was smart enough to pack an umbrella. Poor Sean got his hair all messed up and wet (for those who don't know, he has no hair.) Quinn and Collin decided they wanted to go down one of those slides where you sit on the mat. As we were watching them walk up the stairs I pointed to Sean to look at the mats they were carrying up. They were DRIPPING wet and heavy with rain. Didn't bother them one bit, until they stood up after going down and their butts were DRENCHED! Yup, they were pretty much ready to go home after that. They had a good time though and Quinn got a new headband that matches a new collar we got Rayna so they can be cool together.
Collin has started an arts camp for two weeks. He seems to like it and is taking classes like impressionist art, musical theater, voice, and science. He seems to be making new friends so that is cool.
Rayna is doing well. Still not housebroken and today I could hear her doing something while I was in my office working. I go out to check on her and she's dragging by the handle my dustpan and broom. I don't know where she got it from, especially because I never clean, but she was dragging that thing around my kitchen.
She's getting so big already.
Wesley is doing well too at summer school. Today I walked in a little early and he's got a smock on with his hands COVERED in shaving cream and he's smearing it all over the table. I wish I had a camara with me. It was cute.
Quinn is doing well too. I have to get some video of something she does in her room. It gives me a heartattack every time she does it. I won't spoil it though.
Hope everyone is having a safe summer and for Leighsa and her extreame dislike for the Yankees...yes, we are from NY and have only lived in New England for 8 years. That is why we are Yankee fans. Am I to assume you are a Sox fan??? Don't you live in Tenessee? What's up with that ;0) You always seemed like such an intelligent person ;0) Really, I can't wait to meet you next year at camp.
Hugs,
Kristin
2 comments:
It is great to see a good update. Even though it rained at the carnival, it sounds like you all still have a good time.
Hehehe....it is funny how puppies can get into everything.
Love Charisse
Hey those hair jokes are not nice!!!!
The rain is hard on my hair also.
Glad to hear you are out and about again and not staying home waiting for the next disaster. We have really been getting the rain this year and it looks like Dolly will send us more. Put diapers on Reyna and get her some chew toys.
Grandpa & Grandma GV
Post a Comment